Featured Post

My Wax Seal Jewelry Customer's Reviews I'd Pay Good Money For! From Your Daily Jewels on Etsy.

Recent Reviews and Feedback So Great - You Will Think I Bribe My Customers! Read hundreds more here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Your...

Thursday, March 10, 2011

One Way Ticket to Buenos Aires




A One Way Ticket to Buenos Aires 
I am a displaced New York City girl, I lived there for twenty five years and it is in me on a cellular level.  Life circumstance has taken me thirty minutes outside of the city and I am in culture shock. Still. I have been here eight years and I still cannot believe this is my life. I live in a small town in a state of disconnect. 

People mistakenly think that NYC is a cold place. On the contrary, it was my small town. I felt part of every minute of the day, in any neighborhood, in any group of strangers, in every situation. I felt alive every second that I lived there. I was madly in love with the city. Connected on a cellular level.

 I have been to  almost every "big" city in this country and the feeling is not the same. Not even close. Paris has it, London, not so much. I have not been to too many large cities around the world but there is one that I love learning about, and visit in my dreams and this is Buenos Aires. I cannot get enough Buenos Aires! I have to get there even if I  have to go alone. 
 
A few other things I am passionate about: Like most, I love the beach. It is really about the water, not laying in the sand. Also, I  am crazy for the history of European Architecture. Our country's architecture is, in comparison, very young and pale in character to that of Europe's. 

Buenos Aires is a city on a beach with some of the most lovely, old architecture I have seen, (in books, anyway). It seems like another city where the energy carries you through the day, floating a few inches above the ground. It seems like just being there makes you feel   automatically cooler than you ever  really could be. It reminds me of New York, but with a beach, and really old  beautiful buildings with fantastic history.  In other words, it is dreamy. Now, Buenos Aires does not have a pretty history. It has survived some horrific periods in time. But to me, in my dreams, I am there and it is perfect. I am madly in love with the city.






Me, in my dreams.Thank you for reading,                                                    Norah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks, Norah.