Featured Post

My Wax Seal Jewelry Customer's Reviews I'd Pay Good Money For! From Your Daily Jewels on Etsy.

Recent Reviews and Feedback So Great - You Will Think I Bribe My Customers! Read hundreds more here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Your...

Monday, March 14, 2011

Pulling My Hair Out

Ok, so, I have two stores on Etsy. Many of you may not know this. Why? Because for some reason I put 99% effort into getting the word out about Your Daily Jewels, and, now and then I might put out a Tweet about poor PJClarke

Dead-Stock, Never Circulated Swarovski Barrel Earrings, from A Re-Purpose in Life (Sold)
The PJClarke name is attached to my original store, A Repurpose in Life. Here is where I have the most tinkering fun. I find vintage goodies and old, sad, broken down jewelry, and I breathe new life into it. I re-love them and create modern, repurposed jewelry; little pieces of art that women love!

 

If you are a fellow Etsian, you know how hard it is to get your items seen on Etsy. There is so much competition and it is growing with great momentum. So, I promote and promote like all of the diligent, serious crafters selling on Etsy.  I am a member of four teams, I blog, I hold  giveaways, I buy ads,  I chat in forums, I Tweet, I use Facebook, I Stumble, Kaboodle, Tumble, and Hive. These are just my daily duties, there are even more tools that I use, but with less consistency.



Bursting Garden Earrings from Your Daily Jewels 




What is odd, is that I am working this hard to get Your Daily Jewels off the ground and I pay little attention to PJClarke and A Repurpose in Life. You may be wondering why? Me too! 

Maybe because Your Daily Jewels is the newer store, (but only by a few months.) Maybe because the  items are all new, and shiny, and bursting with color and I am attracted to sparkly things. At least more so than the vintage-style or  jewelry made of  brass with patina as in PJClarke's selections. I wish I knew why, but whatever the reason, my attention is clearly biased toward Your Daily Jewels






But here is the kicker, I do nothing, and I get more sales at PJClarke than I do at Your Daily Jewels. Sales are off the hook!  What do you think about this?  I am thankful for the sales, but it makes me a little nuts. I would love to hear from you.


Thank you for reading,
Norah


1 comment:

  1. I dont know what to tell you about this! I love both of your shops, but right now I am especially smiling at the woman pulling out her hair, very comical, and I can totally relate, BUT not because of the same issue.
    Thanks for making me smilie so early in the morning, its not that I want to be up, its just that I cannot sleep, so.... here I am :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks, Norah.