Share Your Strengths
The Benefits Of Mentoring Someone on Etsy
- You decide to sell an item, any item.
- You take a photo or two or twelve. They can be really bad photos and nobody cares
- You look around at other items like yours to research a price. Decide to auction or sell. Pricing is a cinch!
- Choose a category and write a title stuffed with catchy keywords, willy-nilly. (No worries about # of characters for the pesky Google Bot
- No matter how lame your description is, it sells. No one expects colorful language. You don’t count the characters or words to feed the Google Bot.
- Your item goes live
- You answer a bunch of email questions (maybe)
- Your item sells. You get paid through Paypal, and you print a Paypal shipping label and ship.
- You get feedback, with most transactions
- Learn new things!
- Develop leadership and management skills.
- Professional Esteem
- Impress Yourself:
Why would you pass up an opportunity to feel good about yourself?
You can truly open up someone’s world with a small time investment. Very simple words can give people new ideas and opens doors for them. It can truly change lives. You open their minds to possibilities, expecting nothing in return. This, in turn, gives you more meaning in your life
Following is a quote from Gloria Flynn of Earth Energy Gemstones on Etsy. I asked her to tell me about her experience with her mentor. They have been together more than a year:
"My Etsy mentor is the lifeline for my jewelry business. From the very beginning she had my back and encouraged me to join her team called Jewelry on Etsy (JETs). From the moment I was welcomed into the team, she has been an active participant in my success.
She makes herself available for me and responds to questions in great detail, and with love; everything from what to include on my listing tags to how to make jewelry from recycled silver. When I'm not asking her questions, she's asking ME questions. For example: How often do you tweet? Do you have a Google+ account and are you using it? She explains how things work in social media, and tells me what to do--but in a good way, like how I could be using it better.
She builds me up when I'm down, and constantly encourages me to stretch my wings a little, like "You should be making (fill in the blank) because they are in the top searches and will bring more traffic to your shop”.
The Etsy jewelry world is HUGE, and it's easy to get lost--but not when you have a mentor who shows you the way. Mine has and I'm so grateful!"
Thank you for reading!