Featured Post

My Wax Seal Jewelry Customer's Reviews I'd Pay Good Money For! From Your Daily Jewels on Etsy.

Recent Reviews and Feedback So Great - You Will Think I Bribe My Customers! Read hundreds more here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Your...

Saturday, December 3, 2011

December Birthstones

Many December babies, especially those who are born close to Christmas and Chanukah, often complain about their birthdays being swept under the rug. It is too easy to buy a combo gift for this person, during such a stressful time of the year.

Blue Topaz

Well, the same thing happens to the December birthstone. It totally gets shafted by Red and Green everywhere you look. I know it is blue, but it has been ignored for so long that it is difficult to find a consensus on what exactly is the December birthstone and the alternate. Normally I would give you some insight to the birthstone; its history and properties. But December has just too much going on.

Zircon

Turquoise (and friends)

Turquoise

The four stones involved are Zircon, Blue Topaz, Tanzanite, and Turquoise. For most birthstones there are an accepted birthstone, and, maybe some argument over one or two alternates;  but there is very little agreement for December.  I believe it is all red and green's fault.

Yummy Tanzanite

So if you are a December baby, I say, go with what you like best. I pick Tanzanite. (but my birthday is in October).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks, Norah.