Featured Post

My Wax Seal Jewelry Customer's Reviews I'd Pay Good Money For! From Your Daily Jewels on Etsy.

Recent Reviews and Feedback So Great - You Will Think I Bribe My Customers! Read hundreds more here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Your...

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Featuring: Redemption Art

THE DEEPER MEANING OF ALOHA
www.huna.org

For those who follow the path of Huna, or are fortunate enough to live in Hawai'i, it is common to use the word Aloha in greetings and farewells and in expressing love. But the word means even more, it is a way of life.

Besides these common meanings, the word Aloha holds within itself all one needs to know to interact rightfully in the natural world. These insights describe an attitude or way of life sometimes called "The Aloha Spirit" or "The Way of Aloha".

Aloha is being a part of all, and all being a part of me. When there is pain - it is my pain. When there is joy - it is also mine. I respect all that is as part of the Creator and part of me. I will not willfully harm anyone or anything. When food is needed I will take only my need and explain why it is being taken. The earth, the sky, the sea are mine to care for, to cherish and to protect. This is Hawaiian - this is Aloha!

 

What do you do when the kids are grown, the nest is empty, and  twenty five years of working full time and raising kids are behind you?
Well if you are Connie from Redemption Art, you skip not a beat and  re-awaken the creative “you” that lives within, and open a store full of art, both new and upcycled,  vintage, retro, and redeemed pieces, all inspired by the spirit of the Aloha lifestyle.




                           I  think this was in my dream last night: I grew up in Hawaii. Now I live in a wonderful little cottage in the Hawaiian rain forest, right below the district of Volcano. My garden is growing, the chickens, dogs and cat keep me laughing, the creative person that has been dormant, is once again alive. I am grateful! Oh no, this is Connie’s real life, and a dream life it is!                                                                               
Connie yearns to bring joy to the hearts of others. The Aloha lifestyle shapes her life and  transcends to her business where her goal is to insure the utmost in quality service resulting in total customer satisfaction.

Vintage Hawaiian Valentine Anthirium Brooch


                                                                                                                                                                                                     A   visit to Redemption Art on Etsy is like taking a stroll into Connie’s little brick and mortar shop that resides in a 100 year old building in Hawaii. So many fun and affordable vintage products reflect the melting pot of ethnicities that have made Hawaii her home. In between the memorabilia, you find real earthy or "aina" hand made art, and you can feel the welcoming smile of the proprietor.

1950's Hawaiian Vintage Solid Brass Buddha
Feast your eyes, to visit click here.
Give yourself a gift today and visit Connies Blog, Island Buzzy, here.

A, ala, watchful, alertness
L, lokahi, working with unity
O, oia'i'o, truthful honesty
H, ha'aha'a, humility
A, ahonui, patient perseverance

Thank you for reading,
Norah

I would love it if you left a comment, you can really make my day by becoming a follower 

 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Norah, thank you so much...you are so sweet, just wish I could give you a hug! Hope your week is going well.

    Me Ke Aloha Pumehana (with MUCH aloha),

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could give you a hug too!
    It was such a pleasure featuring you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks, Norah.