Featured Post

My Wax Seal Jewelry Customer's Reviews I'd Pay Good Money For! From Your Daily Jewels on Etsy.

Recent Reviews and Feedback So Great - You Will Think I Bribe My Customers! Read hundreds more here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Your...

Sunday, February 26, 2012

CPR and Lifesaving Techniques for Dogs


Take 5 minutes out of your day, OK, maybe it might be ten minutes, to really commit this to memory: CPR for your precious family member, your dog.

In a Red Cross survey, 89% of adult Americans think it should be mandatory for adults to learn Community CPR and basic life saving techniques. The number who actually keep up their certification falls sadly lower than this percentage.



Mucho Gusto and Sitting Bull - Bull Doggie Brothers - Courtesy of LoveStoneArts

As you can imagine, there are no statistics for canine CPR, yet so many of us  consider our dog a very important member of our family.

Tina
Read, understand, and memorize this chart. Practice on your poochie, share it with your family, hang it on your wall, email it to your friends. Look at these guys, how can you not take a few minutes to learn this simple, potentially lifesaving technique.





Good Boy Gus

Gus (mid-haircut when the groomer sent him home, halfway cut, after he was "fresh")

The Magical Face of "Lyric" Courtesy of DebrasDivineDesigns


Tina, My Sweet Girl

10 comments:

  1. Great Post Norah. I think ALOT of people don't know the signs or what to do if their dog needed CPR. Thanks for thinking of our furbabies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wondered about this for my cat and now I know, although I really hope I don't need to use this or to breath into his mouth:) Old kitty mouths don't smell very good. Thanks for the tips and a dose of cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing this, Norah - I had a fright last week when my puppy Lucy almost drowned in the swimming pool (she'd stepped on the cover and gone under) so I'm more aware than ever of the need for this information!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very informative! Even those of us who don't share our lives with a pooch should learn this!

    Adorable photos too! Thank you Norah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know, thanks!! Love my Ginger and Simba would be lost w/o them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So thoughtful of you to post this info; we love our pets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great info and such cute doggies!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks, Norah.