Featured Post

My Wax Seal Jewelry Customer's Reviews I'd Pay Good Money For! From Your Daily Jewels on Etsy.

Recent Reviews and Feedback So Great - You Will Think I Bribe My Customers! Read hundreds more here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Your...

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Spotlight on Sandy Vern


 
Having spent most of my life in the city, I must admit I was never exposed to the art of soap making. It truly is an art, and Sandy Vern is The Soap Artist

Sandy has told me a little bit about her process:


Her soaps are made from scratch using the old-fashioned cold process method of combining various oils, butters, and lye in just the right amounts to create a luxurious soap. All of her  soaps are made  in very small batches to ensure precise quality control over the entire 
process. 


After curing for 4 - 6 weeks, she hand-cuts and individually packages each soap. You know you are getting a soap that is finely crafted and one-of-a-kind! Her packaging is so pretty you will not want to open it!
Blue Cocktail Earrings
 Born in Massachusetts, and living in Connecticut, Sandy divides her time between caring for animals and honing her self taught crafting skills. Sounds like a dreamy life to me.  She just opened a second Etsy store that will showcase her whimsical earrings and stitch markers. 
Jolly Ranchers








Two of her many earring themes are cocktails and candy!


Berry Soap Popsickles
 Sandy also taught me about “melt and pour” soaps and the artistic details involved in this process. In these molded soaps she uses a combination of quality goat milk and Shea butter bases, as well as oatmeal and honey bases.





Molded soaps come in any shape or color you can imagine and make great little gifts. Sandy is  happy to take custom orders. Most items can be custom made with your choice of colors and scents. 






What a great gift idea for a theme wedding or Party!


Pink Grapefruit and Lavender Bath Bombs
 


Other items to look for in Sandy’s shop are hand knit washcloths, exfoliating soaps, whipped Shea butter, lotion bars,  lip balms, and bath bombs.







I know you will want more of Sandy, so here are all of her addresses across the web:



Vanilla Daisy Soap

Thank you for reading. Please leave a comment down below, and you can really make my day if you "follow" me
Norah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot to me. Thanks, Norah.